A teacher tote is an excellent purchase for any teacher. Tote bags are a fashionable, fun and an essential item for any teacher, online or off. While not every teacher may need something as sophisticated as a rolling cart, a solid tote bag for teaching will always come in handy.
So what are the best teacher tote bags? Let’s cover a few important purchase decisions for buying your teacher tote.
Multi – Purpose
Tote bags that are designed for teachers should be multi-purpose. They should posses the carrying capacity for things like a laptop, props, paper and essential online classroom items while still having a solid organizational layout.
That means everything in your tote bags has a place. You can quickly separate personal items from work items with ease.
A tote bag is not simply a glorified woman’s handbag (well fine, some are). A tote should be designed for both work and play and a big component of the work part is being spacious enough to carry important items as a teacher. A laptop, small whiteboard, wires, headphones, a mouse and snacks. You can’t do that with a small tote bag that is more designed for casual use.
Durable and Comfortable
Tote bags for teachers are going to get a lot of use and the worse thing you can do is buy a cheap tote that wears out after a few month of use and is uncomfortable to wear for longer periods of time. The straps wear out, the leather starts to fray, the tote bag starts to just look old and worn out, it digs into your shoulder as you’re carrying it.
This list will contain only durable tote bags for teachers. The kind of tote that will last for many years.
Part fashion statement, part essential teaching tool, part cool factor. A lot of totes can be purchased with some fun, personalized customizations. While you can buy any generic tote bag from any big box store, would’t it be nice to have something designed with YOU in mind?
If you’re looking to buy a tote bag for yourself or for the teacher in your life, a tote bag that can be personalized is a great choice.
Style and function is important. Style should actually enhance function so look for a tote bag that fits your personal style but is still a functional tote bag.
Best Teacher Bags for Educators
It’s a given. You’re going to want a high quality, functional (but stylish) teacher tote bag. Here is a list of the 7 best teacher tote bags for any teacher looking to stay organized and looking good.
- Zysun Tote
- Personalized Teacher Tote Bag
- Plambag Women’s Laptop Tote Bag
- Lovevook Laptop Bag
- Pursetti Teacher Bag
- Kroser Laptop Backpack
- Teacher Peach Tote
- Sunny Snow Laptop Tote Bag
- S-ZONE Vintage Genuine Leather Shoulder Bag
- Newhey Mens Messenger Bag
- Alpine Swiss Rolling Briefcase
Zysun Tote – Trendy Design with Excellent Storage
The Zysun tote bag has the right combination of a lot of the features we look for with a teachers tote bag. Excellent design for both work and casual use. Well thought out internal storage so you can keep teaching materials and personal stuff well organized and it comes with a life time guarantee. So this is one bag that is built to last.
If you’re looking to purchase a stylish but functional tote bag, take a look at the Zysun tote bag.
- Excellent design and storage combination.
- Built to last and a guarantee to back it up.
- Comfortable to carry.
- Design is more for travel and business than teaching.
Simply Custom Tote Bag – Personalized Tote Bag
This is a personalized teacher tote bag with nifty mesh pockets. With your purchase you can choose whatever name or phrase you want embroidered on the tote bag. Not only that, this tote bag is designed for us teachers.
Durable polyester, optional organizational pockets you can put in or take out, mesh pockets on the outside for various items for your class. This tote is first on the list because it checks off a lot of the most important features teachers need in a fun and functional tote bag.
- Spacious and durable.
- Can be personalized. A great choice as a gift or for yourself.
- Numerous styles and colors to choose from.
- Excellent for work but not play.
- If you want something that could double for personal use skip this choice.
Plambag Women’s Laptop Tote Bag – The Best Tote For Laptops
If you’re looking for a conservative, but stylish tote bag made for work but one that can also double for casual needs, checkout Plambag Women’s laptop tote bag. The neutral color combination matches with all sorts of outfits and is appropriate for professional teachers.
What we also liked about this laptop tote bag were all the various dividers inside the bag making it easy to stay organized by having a space for your laptop, notebooks and personal items.
- Beautifully designed and functional.
- Designed to carry a laptop or a tablet but at the same time still be comfortable.
- No need bringing a purse to work.
- No reinforced base in the bag so it won’t stand on it’s own like a lot of backpacks do.
Lovevook Laptop Bag – Chic looking choice
This is a stylish, premium designed laptop bag for teachers. You can easily fit a 15.6 laptop inside in it’s own dedicated, padded compartment. In addition, it has a lot of built in storage space for wires, papers, your teacher planner and more.
With it’s professional design, this bag is simply a great choice for any working professional. It’s ideal for a university lecturer as it’s not ideal if you need a lot of storage for things like arts and crafts of, homework and so forth.
- Excellent design and layout.
- The padded area for the laptop is well made and protective.
- Lack of storage required for elementary school teachers.
Pursetti Teacher Bag – A Premium Tote Bag
A nice combination of style, function and practicality. This teacher tote bag by Pursetti is built to last. With a lot of storage space, mesh pockets and internal organization – this tote is an excellent option of school, online class and any sort of extra curricular activities.
What we like about this teacher tote bag is that is has a solid based built in to it, has a good zipper so nothing will fall out and simply has the right mix of style and function we look for in any tote bag for teachers.
- Built to last.
- Excellent organization.
- Stylish and comfy for long term wear.
- It’s a medium sized bag. If you need a big tote bag, this is not it.
Kroser Laptop Backpack – The University choice
While not exactly a tote bag or messenger bag, we want to include this hybrid option because you can use it either as a backpack or as a shoulder bag. Overall, it’s a well made backpack/tote bag combo that can fit a 15.6 inch laptop, papers and a folder filled with assignments.
It has stylish look, enough compartments to carry accessories for a laptop and can double as a backpack. Ideal for those long walks across campus.
- Doubles as a tote bag or backpack for convenient use.
- Multi-functional for a wide variety of uses.
- As a backpack, it’s on the smaller side.
Teacher Peach Tote – Small, High Quality Utility Bag
Inspirational quotes, made of nylon and designed with the teacher in mind, that’s what you can expect from this unique utility tote bag. This is a quality tote designed to carry books, props, toys and a tablet as an online teacher. It comes with a fun inspirational quote and is a good option if you’re looking for a simple utility bag as a teacher.
- Adjustable straps, pockets and made of nylon so no need to worry about water.
- Ideal for carrying items on a day to day basis, to and from an office to a classroom.
- Small. This could be a pro, but many online teachers want a large tote bag for all the various items needed as an online teacher.
Sunny Snow Laptop Tote Bag – Ideal For Large Laptops
A large yet lightweight tote bag, this thing is big and can carry a 17 inch laptop with ease. If you’re looking for a tote bag that looks good, is big and has all the storage you could ever want, this laptop tote bag may be for you.
What we liked about this particular tote bag is that it has good build quality and can store your technology with ease. Need bag large enough to put in a laptop, tablet, mouse, books, phone, headphones, props, wallet and more in? All at the same time? This bag is perfect then.
If you’re looking for a tote bag that you can pack up all your teaching gear with ease, this laptop tote bag can get the job done.
- More practical than a backpack for a lot of teachers.
- Style, storage, size and functionality all in one tote bag.
- This tote is big. If you need large tote bag this is it, but it may be too big for some teachers.
S-ZONE Leather Tote – The leather option for women
This is a beautiful, classic leather tote bag. This leather tote bag for teachers is designed more for style and less for function as a tote, but it’s still a good option for teachers due to it’s storage and impeccable design. It’s on the list primarily because a lot of teachers prioritize style and appearance as a primary purchase decision. If that’s you, this teacher tote bag is for you.
This tote is a classic looking leather shoulder bag that is large enough to carry a 15 inch tablet. It’s built sturdily with a reinforced base so the bag stand up on its own when empty. It’s also flexible in the design and is a bit pliable so you can fold it and put it away without issue. This bag is ideal for trips and everyday use.
- Beautiful tote bag. This is one of the most attractive and stylish tote bags on the list.
- Big but not too big. Designed for weekend trips but still capable of handling work related needs.
- Build quality is an issue. This bag is design for casual use and it could wear out with continued usage of your typical busy teacher.
Newhey Mens Messenger Bag – A large, functional option
A large, durable classic choice for a teacher bag. This bag is made out of crazy horse cowhide leather, it is water resistant and rugged for long term use.
The overall size of this bag is quite large. It comes with 5 different pockets, plenty of space for a large laptop, water bottle, assignments and more. Last, it’s also a bit heavy at 2.5 lbs when empty so expect this messenger bag to have a bit of heft to it when used.
- Premium build, classic design.
- Lot’s of storage for all sorts of day to day teaching items.
- Made of actual leather, if you don’t want leather products skip this.
- A bit heavy when filled with items like a laptop, papers, umbrella and more.
Alpine Swiss Rolling Briefcase – The heavy duty choice
If you’re a smaller person who finds themselves needing to carry a lot of items for your class then consider getting this outstanding rolling briefcase. It comes with divided sections inside that make for staying organized simple and easy.
It can easily fit a large laptop, accessories, folders, homework, your teacher planner and personal items with ease. On the front it has a large pocket for documents as well as sidepockets.
For most, this is more geared as a travel suitcase but due to it’s ability to roll we found this option to bea perfect, versatile choice for any teacher needing a convenient options to carry a lot of heavy classroom related items.
- A do everything bag. Can travel with this, pull and roll on the ground and can carry a lot of things.
- For your average teacher, this is probably unnecessary. Still made this list due to it’s functionality.
Conclusion – The Best Teacher Tote Bags
So that’s it for this comprehensive list of the best teacher tote bags. We’ve tried a lot of different bags and personally like the Zysun tote bag (opens in a new tab) the most overall as it has the right combination of style and function. But again, this is a personal decision and you need to first know what your needs are.
Do you need a large tote bag for your tablet or laptop, or is something that is a bit smaller more ideal for you? Whatever you decided to do, getting a sturdy teacher tote bag is a great investment.