Teaching in the classroom, abroad or online a rolling cart can be a helpful accessory for any teacher. What is the best rolling cart for a teacher? Rolling carts come in many shapes and sizes but they are all wheeled pieces of equipment that allows you to organize your teaching supplies with ease.
Having a high quality rolling cart makes keeping your classroom material (like props and your headphones) separate from the rest of your day to day items an easy process. Even if you’re not a teacher, having a rolling cart for your classroom or home office makes transporting supplies from one place to another a simple process.
What do you need in a utility cart as an online teacher? Easy. You’re going to want to look for something that has the following characteristics:
Can Fold Up For Easy Carry
You’re going to want a utility cart that is easy pack up and store when need be. We’re not working in a woodworking shop or an electronics store where we have to haul heavy items everyday. We’re teachers and we need something that we can pack up and take with us when we’re on the go to help keep us organized.
Good Organizational Layout
An ideal utility cart for a teacher should be designed with an optimal layout for teaching related materials. Props, books, markers, your white board, stuffed animals, random toys, flash cards and anything else you think would be helpful for your online class (or in person class). The best rolling carts for teachers should be designed for the needs of a teacher with the right compartments to organize everything effectively.
Rolling carts for teachers should be lightweight and easy to carry. For most of use this is so obvious, but you would be surprised by how heavy some of the rolling carts we reviewed when coming up with our list. Some carts should be big and heavy, particularly if you’re working in IT. But we’re teachers, we need something light and mobile.
Collapsible Handle and wheels
Fun fact, luggage did not come with a collapsible handle (and wheels) until the 1980’s. Today, there are still rolling utility carts that don’t come with some sort of retractable handle. You’re going to want this and wheels (obviously) because it makes your utility cart mobile.
Best Rolling Carts For Online Teachers
You need a rolling utility cart as an online teacher or as an ESL teacher. Here are our favorite 7 rolling carts for teachers:
- Olympia Tools Rolling Cart
- Honey Can Do All
- ECR4Kids 3-Tier Utility Cart
- Quik Cart Two-Wheeled Collapsible Handcart
- Everything Mary Rolling Craft Cart
- Office Depot Mobile Folding Cart With Lid
- DesignA 3 Tier Cart
- Husky Rolling Tool Tote Bag
Olympia Tools Rolling Cart– Best Collapsible Cart For a Teacher
Leading off the list is the Olympia Tools collapsible rolling cart. This rolling cart is designed for the busy teacher in mind. With an excellent organizational layout for arts and crafts, books and other sorts of teaching material. This rolling cart from Olympia is a solid choice for any teacher looking to get organized and be able to take their class on the go.
Best of all, it’s light weight, easy to transport and can collapse so you can take it with your from school and home if need be. No assembly is required and it also comes in a variety of colors too from black, pink, green and more.
- Designed with teachers in mind. The layout is good for various types of teaching material.
- Can fold up easily for convenient packing
- The build quality on this is excellent and will last for years to come.
- It lacks pockets and slips. You can always add these on later if you like.
- If you’re wanting more of a rolling cart that’s a bag style then pass on this as it’s a standard, well built rolling cart.
Honey Can Do All – The activity cart
Coming in last on the list is the “Honey Can Do All” activity cart. It looks great, comes with there tiers, mesh storage and is overall designed for a teacher in mind. That blue color is a great fit for any classroom, online or at school.
The main issue with this cart however (and why it’s at the bottom of the list) is the build quality is pretty mediocre if you intend on rolling it around with your teaching essentials on it. It’s great if in general the cart if going to remain stationary, but if you intend on moving this cart around a lot, we here at Teach and GO would skip this.
- Excellent design, not too bulky.
- Useful mesh storage as well as mini boxes to stay organized.
- 3 tiers for easy access storage.
- It’s a rolling cart that does not really roll. More ideal to use as a stationary cart that can sometimes be moved slightly.
ECR4Kids 3-Tier Metal Rolling Utility Cart – A no frills hand cart for teaching
This is your standard, three tiered rolling cart that can allow you to put numerous supplies on the cart. It comes with a handle and wheels. It’s perfect for the online teacher who wants to create a professional home classroom and needs that extra storage.
- Easy to assemble.
- Well made material and your choice of colors.
- It’s a simple, sturdy, well made hand cart. Ideal for adding extra storage to your classroom.
Not designed for mobility. Perfect for mobility at a school or within your home, but this item is not designed to be thrown in the back of a car or on an airplane like other items on this list.
Quick Cart Handcart – Heavy duty cart for storing all your teaching materials in one place
The Quick Cart Handcart is ideal if you’re looking for something to keep all your teaching materials in one place for those times when you’re wanting to pick up your classroom and go, or if you want to keep your classroom nice and tidy by putting away all your teaching materials in one item.
- Lightweight and heavy duty.
- This thing folds up nice and well for easy storage in a closet of the back of a car when not in use.
- Makes carrying items simple and easy. No need for a heavy backpack.
- Lacks organization. This thing is just a big box that allows you to store all your teaching items with ease. Perfect if you’re looking to have something to store all your teaching materials when on the go or to make your home classroom nice and neat when not teaching.
Everything Mary – Excellent rolling craft bag
Another excellent handcart with tons of storage and organization for the busy, professional teacher. This bag is well made and comes with a lot of storage options and compartmentalization features.
Perfect for organizing your toys, props and various teaching gear. Made for crafts, but a very good choice for an online teacher.
- Designed for teachers first and foremost. As such, it comes with the right storage and organization options.
- Lightweight and mobile. You can actually pack this rolling cart up and take it with you on the go.
- Can be difficult to move if you put too much in it.
Office Depot Mobile Folding Cart – A lightweight, affordable fold up cart
Want a budget friendly option? Want a simple cart that is designed for hauling things from one place to another with ease? Looking to store all your different teaching materials in one place? Then you may want to checkout the Office Depot Mobile Folding cart!
- Heavy duty. You can store a lot of items in this and it will allow you to haul anything with ease.
- Simple design. It’s a box with wheel and a handle, but it’s built to last.
- Comes with a lid that can be used as additional desk space when teaching.
- Again, like other folding carts, it lacks the organizational features of other hand carts.
- If you’re looking for something with multiple compartments for storage, this folding cart is not for you.
DESIGNA 3-Tier Rolling Cart – Durable and Attractive
A highly functional rolling cart specifically made for teachers. If you’re teaching online or in the classroom at school this rolling cart is a great choice. It has three tiers for storage and three mesh holders for easy access to whatever you need at the moment.
Last it comes with magnetic circles that double as storage as well. More of a gimmick, but it makes the cart look great.
- 3 tiers and 3 mesh holders provide quick and easy access as well as storage for your most used items.
- It’s lightweight, sturdy and moves around with ease.
- It has a nice flat top that can be used for additional teaching space.
- Helpful magnetic circles that add style and storage.
- Multi-purpose and durable.
- It’s ideal for a home office or classroom setting. If you’re looking for something that you can take with you on the go, this cart is not it.
Husky Rolling Tool Tote Bag – The Heavy Duty Option
The Husky Rolling Tool Tote Bag is a heavy duty bag design to haul around tools for DIY projects and the home craftsman. This bag is well made and built to last. If you’re looking for the most well built, highly functional rolling tote bag consider the Husky Rolling Tool Tote Bag.
- This bag is built to last. It has a lot of compartments and provides excellent organization.
- It’s tough and sturdy. This will be the last rolling bag you buy.
- It’s not designed for the teacher. It’s made to haul tools. But can be re-purposed for a teacher.
- Some may consider this too much for a teacher. But if you’re looking for something solid and durable, this is it.
Keep Your School Supplies and Teaching Materials Organized
A clean, well-organized classroom establishes competence in your classroom as you lead your students by example through setting organizational standards to abide by. In addition, consider implementing some of the following in your classroom.
Make a designated learning materials area
Having a designated location in the classroom for learning resources allows students to know where to obtain materials during class activities, and where to store them afterward. This kind of arrangement encourages pupils to be self-reliant, saving you the teacher time by allowing students to self govern specific activities independently.
To make things simple, categorize your materials.
The key to finding necessary supplies promptly is to organize everything properly. You may accomplish this by using tiny separate containers, drawers, and dividers that are found within rolling carts and other storage devices. Labeling the resources allows students to recognize which boxes or cabinets to return them after usage.
Consider purchasing a mobile storage sart for Your classroom
The universal rolling cart (our top pick) allows you to move classroom materials around with ease. Every year, every teacher knows how much paperwork and resources they have in their classroom. Storage carts don’t only help you reduce clutter; they can also allow you to shift materials around and to another classroom.
Conclusion – Best Rolling Carts For Teachers
So these are some of the best rolling carts for teachers. Our goal is to craft a list of the best rolling carts for teachers based on different needs and wants. Some online teachers value mobility and the ability to pack everything up nice and neat into an easy to carry bag. Other teachers would prefer to have a standard, no frills rolling cart to help keep their home office and classroom nice and organized.
Whatever the case may be, rolling carts are a surprisingly helpful, cheap, organizational item to include in your day to day workflow.